Complete Merchandise's Terms and Conditions of Trading
- “CM” means Complete Merchandise Ltd;
- “Client” means the person or company whom the order is received;
- “Contract” or “Arrangement” means the contract between CM and the Client
- “Goods” means the goods and services provided by CM to the Client;
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- Please note that these terms and conditions apply to all orders. Upon receipt of order from the Client, CM confirms that this constitutes your acceptance that our conditions apply to the contract, regardless of any purported terms put forward by the Client. These terms and conditions replace all others. If the Client does not accept these conditions, do not order or make any payment to CM.
- CM shall endeavour to correct any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, website, quotation, price lists, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by CM as soon as possible. CM will not be liable for loss arising from such error or omission.
- Orders placed on CM's website or directly via one of CM's Sales team are normally accepted if the Good's are available and the product payment method utilised is authorised for the transaction.
- If for any unfortunate reason the Client's order is rejected, CM will immediately contact the Client in this instance to advise you of the reasons for rejection and advise any mediating steps to try and resolve the matter
- CM will try their very best to honour all Orders placed on the Website but if it isn't possible, CM may offer you an alternative product. Acceptance of the alternate Product is completely at the Client's discretion and may reject the offer of an alternative product, in which case CM will promptly refund the price paid for the inital product that CM could not supply.
- Changes in the quantity of an order must be submitted in writing before processing begins. If this is not received before processing commences then:
- Any increases to the quantity of an order once the artwork has been approved and personalisation has begun, will be raised as a separate order.
- Any decreases in quantity of an order once the artwork has been approved and personalisation has begun, may involve additional charges.
- Changes to any order once processing has began may result in a delays to proposed delivery dates.
- The final quantity of delivered goods can be up to 10% under or over the quantity ordered and will be deemed to have been fulfilled. The Client will be charged the contract rate for the actual quantity delivered.
- Should the exact quantity be required (no under's or over's) then this may incur additional costs. CM's sales team must be made aware by the Client before an order is processed to the branding stages otherwise the above term will apply.
- Should there be any increase in costs (e.g. materials) occurring after the confirmation of an accepted order, CM shall be entitled to charge such increases to the Client
Products, Pricing and Quotations
- Every effort is made to describe goods as accurately as possible, whether on CM’s website, or any of CM’s sales documentation; however CM give no guarantee as to accuracy.
- Prices shown on CM’s website are for guidance purposes only, quotes must be obtained prior to order to ensure the price you see is up to date and correct.
- Should an order be placed though CM's website then pricing will be checked on receipt of an order.
- All images shown on CM's website are for illustrative purposes only.
- Please kindly note that from time to time, manufacturers may alter their designs for Products and unfortunately this is not something CM has any control over.
- CM advises that the Client orders a sample before placing their personalised order to ensure they are happy with the product.
- All quotes sent are valid for the set time stated on each quotation.
- All prices and quotations are subject to VAT at the current rate, (where applicable).
- Delivery dates and times quoted are estimates only, not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice.
- All delivery charges will be quoted at time of order. Timed and express deliveries will be subject to additional charges.
- On any delivery dates please note CM are not responsible for any transport / customs / shipping issues which may delay the final delivery.
- Carriage charges outside the UK:
- CM will not be held responsible for any taxes or duties associated with the shipment. Should the Client refuse to pay customs charges etc, CM will invoice any costs to you to get the goods released from customs and returned to us.
- When a delivery attempt has failed.
- The courier will leave a calling card saying they have attempted delivery. If the Client does not contact the courier to make arrangements for an alternative day, then the courier will reattempt to delivery the working day.
- CM will contact the Client and notify them of the attempted delivery and warn them of when another delivery will be atempted.
- After 3 failed attempts, the Goods will be returned to the factory.
- Should this happen, then the client will be liable for any charges resulting in the goods being returned and/or sent back out for delivery.
- CM accept payment by BACS / CHAPS / Bank Transfer and Credit/Debit Card
- All payments made to CM are to be made in pound sterling.
- Any banking charges required when making payment are covered by the Client and the full amount of the invoice is paid into CM’s account.
- All orders must be paid for in advance of CM processing the Client’s order (unless prior arrangement is made and agreed to by CM.)
- All payments are to be made by the invoice due date (shown on all invoices).
- If payment is not made by the due date in full, without limiting any other right to remedy available to CM, CM may:
- Suspend or cancel future deliveries;
- Cancel any discount offered to the Client;
- Charge the client interest (both before and after any judgement) on the amount unpaid at the rate of 2 per cent per month until payment in full is made (a part of a month being treated as a full month for the purpose of calculating interest).
- CM may withdraw, suspend or reduce the credit limit or bring forward the due date for payment at any time without notice.
- CM shall be entitled to recover from the Client all costs it incurs in recovering any outstanding amount from the Client.
- Credit accounts may only be opened at CM’s discretion and after the initial minimum of three proforma purchases from CM within 3 month period, also subjected to satisfactory references and credit checks.
- You agree that CM may obtain third party references as to the Client’s financial standing.
- Payments of goods and services supplied on a credit account shall be paid (clear funds) no later than the agreed credit term.
- We may set a maximum amount of credit allowable on each account.
- We may terminate credit facilities without explanation or notice.
Passing of Risk and Title
- Goods shall remain CM’s property until full payment is received. This applies whether the goods have been delivered or not.
- Upon delivery the risks in the goods shall pass to the Client.
- If CM reasonably apprehend and/or the Client notifies CM that they are: subject to administration order, liquidation, bankrupt, cease or threaten to cease or carry on business.
- If this clause applies then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to CM, CM shall be entitled to cancel any agreements or suspend any further deliveries under the agreement without any liability to the Client, and if the Goods have been delivered but not paid for the price shall become immediately due and payable notwithstanding any previous agreement or arrangement to the contrary.
Claims, Returns & Refunds
- Goods must be examined at time of delivery and a signature is required. CM are not liable for any loss which may arise from any damage caused to goods whilst in transit, unless any damages are noted clearly at the time of the delivery on the delivery note.
- If someone else is signing for the goods on the Client’s behalf, the Client agrees to ensure that the nominated signatory checks the goods prior to acceptance. The Client agrees to accept full responsibility for any loss or damage if the nominated signatory signs and fails to check the delivery. The Client agrees to indemnify CM in full for any losses CM suffer as a result of the Client accepting goods and signing a delivery note without checking the goods for carrier damage.
- Any claims which arise regarding to the quality and/or quantities of goods, or damage caused in transit must be submitted in writing as to be received by CM within 7 days of delivery of said goods.
- Once a claim had been made, the client needs to supply photographic evidence of the issue within 7 days notifying CM of the claim. This is to ensure the issue is rectified in a timely matter.
- Once the items have been printed, personalised, altered, or otherwise changed, this is regarded as a “bespoke” and normal distance selling regulations regarding refunds do not apply. No refunds can be offered for one-off items. (with a exception of the clause 12.3)
- Returns on "plain" items can be made in writing to CM and must be made within 7 days of receiving the item. (Plain items are described to be items which have not yet been printed or personalised).
- Some items may incur a restocking charge.
- All samples are strictly non-returnable.
- These terms and conditions do not affect the consumer’s statutory rights
- No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from goods supplied under this contract, unless the claims procedure laid out in clause 12 is adhered to.
- CM’s liability for any damages or loss suffered by the Client in respect of goods supplied shall be limited to the contract value of said goods. This is save in so far as defects in the goods lead to damage to personal property, death or injury.
- All cancelled orders will be charged for all work carried out up until the date cancellation is received in writing, together with any other additional cancellation charge if applicable.
Printing and Artwork
- All artwork and printing charges will be levied where necessary unless previously stipulated by CM.
- Free artwork service supplied by CM applies to simple amendments and creations of artwork only to fit onto Goods.
- Where artwork is complex or requires more than the free 1 hour time offered, then further artwork services will be chargeable.
- Where artwork services are chargeable, the work will not commence without the Client's prior permission to the agreed charges.
- Neither party shall be liable in damages or have the right to terminate any order or contract for any delay or default in performing hereunder if such delay or default is caused by conditions beyond its control including, but not limited to Acts of God, Government restrictions (including the denial or cancellation of any export or other necessary license), wars, insurrections and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party whose performance is affected.
- Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performance under any order or contract (other than for delay in the payment of money due and payable hereunder) to the extent said failures or delays are proximately caused by causes beyond that party's reasonable control and occurring without its fault or negligence, including, without limitation, failure of suppliers, subcontractors, and carriers, or party to substantially meet its performance obligations under any order or contract, provided that, as a condition to the claim of non-liability, the party experiencing the difficulty shall give the other prompt written notice, with full details following the occurrence of the cause relied upon. Dates by which performance obligations are scheduled to be met will be extended for a period of time equal to the time lost due to any delay so caused.
These terms and conditions were last updated on 18/12/18 and may change in the future with or without notice. We therefore advise you to view this page regularly to ensure you are still happy with our terms and conditions before ordering.